Business Litigation Resources
- Nolo: This site provides legal solutions for you and your business.
- Cornell University School of Law: This site provides general information about the judicial process, courtroom procedures, and various legal topics.
- National Mediation Board: This government site provides public information on the topic of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), particularly focusing on mediation. Although the site is specific to federal law, it is a good general source of ADR information.
- Official United States Government Website: This is a good resource for official federal government information. There are links to the federal and state court systems.
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH): The DFEH is responsible for enforcing California’s employment and housing discrimination laws. Its Web site provides information on the California laws that are designed to prevent employment discrimination based on race, religion, sex and other categories.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC): The EEOC is responsible for enforcing federal employment discrimination laws. Its Web site provides information on the federal laws that are designed to prevent employment discrimination based on race, religion, sex and other categories.
- DisabilityInfo.gov: DisabilityInfo.gov provides a directory of government information for people with disabilities and their families, service providers, employers and other community members.
- Youth at Work: Real World, Real Rights!: This EEOC Web site teaches teens about their federally protected employment rights and the laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
- Department of Labor (DOL): The Department of Labor defends the rights of workers at many stages, including job seeking, employment and retirement.
- Federal Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Laws: Federal laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, pregnancy and disability. They also prohibit wage inequality between men and women.
- Department of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE): The DLSE adjudicates wage claims and enforces labor code violations.
Business and Finance