EMPLOYMENT LAW AND EMPLOYEE RIGHTS
Employees have rights and both federal and state laws exist to protect them. Yet every day, employees somewhere in California are illegally discriminated against, sexually harassed, forced to work unpaid overtime or wrongfully fired.
Effective Legal Representation in Employment Law
If you believe your rights as an employee have been violated, it is important to speak to an experienced employment law attorney as soon as possible. If you live or work in the San Diego area, contact the employment lawyers at Zeldes Haeggquist & Eck, LLP.
We pursue financial compensation for clients in employment law issues, including:
- Wrongful termination: We represent employees who were discharged because of a violation of an employment contract, because of illegal workplace discrimination and because they blew the whistle on wrongdoing or corruption.
- Workplace discrimination: Federal and state anti-employment discrimination laws prohibit discrimination in the work place based on an employee’s race, color, religion, age, gender, or disability.
- Disability discrimination: We regularly represent employees who were fired, denied promotion or otherwise discriminated against because of a permanent or temporary physical disability.
- Sexual harassment: Did sexual comments make your job a hostile work environment? Did your boss demand sexual favors in exchange for a promotion or even keeping your job? If so, it’s time to talk to a lawyer.
- Wage and hour law/missed meal breaks: We represent employees in class action lawsuits against employers who fail to pay overtime or pay for required meal or rest breaks as well as other wage and hour violations.
- Employment law representation for employers: We help small and mid-sized businesses develop and maintain proper employment procedures in order to avoid employment litigation. Should disputes arise, our litigators will defend you.